Version: April 16, 2013
pchprizes.com (hereafter â€śPCHâ€ť or â€śWeâ€ť) may ask you to provide certain information when you use this website. PCH is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act. This policy sets out how PCH will use and protect personal information that you provide when you use this website. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should regularly check this page for updates.
PCH may use the information collected on this site for the following purposes:
- To deliver and improve its products and services
- To send information to you about existing, new and associated products and services.
- Maintenance of records including transaction records required for audit purposes and internal record keeping.
- Provision of information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage as well as to facilitate development of PCHâ€™s website and services. Such statistical information may be furnished to third parties, but will not include personally identifiable information.
- To customize our products and services according to your interests.
- Provision of information to relevant authorities (such as courts, an arm of the state or a regulatory body) should the disclosure be required by law.
- Provision of information to regulatory or enforcement authorities for security and safety reasons as well as for the prevention or detection of crime or improper activities.
- PCH will offer you the ability to receive prize draw opportunities via email and receive offers from carefully selected third parties. Receiving email messages from PCH and partners is optional.
- PCH will not contact you with e-mail offers or share personally identifiable information with marketing partners if you let us know using the email address below or by following the simple instructions located at the permission notice boxes appearing on the registration and entry pages for this site. If you are already receiving emails from us and no longer wish to receive such communications, simply follow the â€śunsubscribeâ€ť instructions that appear in every promotional e-mail.
PCH is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place internal control procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your personal data is stored electronically, protected by firewall and encryption technology.
Cookies and IP addresses
Targeted or Behavioural Advertising: :
PCH may use target advertising based upon your visits and interests on this site. Targeted advertising (also known as Behavioural Advertising) uses information collected on an individualâ€™s web browsing behaviour such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information may then be used to select advertisements displayed to a particular individual on websites other than pchprizes. For example, if you have shown a preference in certain offers while visiting this site, you may be served an advertisement from PCH for other related gaming offers when you visit a site other than pchprizes.
The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number.
If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising from PCHprizes.co.uk that occurs when visiting our third party advertising publishers, please click here. Please note that this will opt you out of targeted ads from PCH and any other participating advertisers. If you opt out, you may continue to receive online advertising from PCH, however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.
The website may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other websites. If the user uses the links to leave the website and visit a website operated by a third party, PCH does not have any control over that website. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users have provided while visiting such websites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you objected to PCH using your personal information for direct marketing purposes please let us know by contacting us via the contact details below.
Transfer of Data
PCH complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Publishers Clearing House has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Publishers Clearing Houseâ€™s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/